Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Concert MiniReview: 2009 Capital Jazz Fest

Ok, so this post is obviously long overdue. However, who could predict that a deadly virus would paralyze my ability to connect with the digital world :-(. With the installation of a new hard drive (OUCH!) and an updated antivirus system, I'm up and running again :-).

Now, onto the good stuff.......

After a week of drenching thunderstorms, the 2009 Capital Jazz Fest officially kicked off at the Summer concert season. Unfortunately, I was unable to go but from what I heard, Merriweather Post Pavilion was THE place to be for anyone fan of jazz, blues and soul music. One of my Facebook friends, Cheryl, gave me her review of her first Capital Jazz Fest experience. As a newbie to CJF, she had one hurdle to jump once she arrived at Merriweather: PARKING :-).

"After 15 minutes of searching for parking at Columbia Mall, I was ready to head over to the festival. It was 2:00 and Leela James was already on stage; her voice booming! I was so mesmerized that I stood outside of the gate and watched her performance. It was fantastic, to say the least. After her performance, I headed over to the entrance gate, nearest to the stage where Regina Belle was on performing. I didn’t get the opportunity to view her performance, but she sounded fantastic! Overall, I had a phenomenal time at the Capitol Jazz Festival. Every act that we saw was absolutely wonderful. There were food, clothing, art and jewelry vendors present.....the energy was so positive and creative; everyone was looking to have a good time. It was my first time attending, but it will not be my last."

With so man acts performing over a there day period, it's impossible to see everyone. Here are two additional reviews to give you a different view of the Capital Jazz Fest experience:

The Urban Music Scene
http://reviews.theurbanmusicscene.com/2009/06/16/our-review-of-the-17th-annual-capital-jazz-festival--by-jerry-clark.aspx

SoulBounce
http://soulbounce.com/soul/2009/06/scenes_from_the_17th_annual_capital_jazz_fest.php


Did you attend the Capital Jazz Fest this year ? Wanna share your review of the show ? Then, post your comments and send your pictures to sassybloggin@gmail.com.

WAIT A MINUTE ! The CJF experience doesn't have to end here ! Join the Capital Jazz Fest for The Supercruise III, October 10-17, aboard the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas:



For more information, please visit http://www.capitaljazz.com/supercruise/ .

NEXT BLOG POSTING: Concert Review (2009 Carter Barron Concert Series)

No comments:

Post a Comment